FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:15 pm
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hey everyone. Anyone ever use the Miami Tri-Rail to leave Miami Airport? How long would you say it takes from departing your plane, to using the Miami Mover to arrive at the tri-rail station?

It apparently leaves every hour. My flight would arrive 26 minutes before the train departure. If I missed it, I'd have to wait 1h 26m, which would make an Uber look a little better.
Some of this will depend upon what gate you arrive at. From the end D gates to the trail rail station is about a 20 minute walk depending on how fast you walk. You would also need to buy a ticket ahead of time. 26 minutes from deplaning to train, including purchasing the ticket is doable if you walk fast. If you come into the low or mid D gates exit the first exit then when outside of Security see the escalator to the left. After the escalator follow the hall way in which you will proceed over about six separate moving walkways. For high D gates follow signs to Concourse E but instead of turning into the hallway to E go straight out of Security. Follow signs. The best gates will be E, follow to outside Security and again follow signs.