FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General RPU earning & usage questions [Consolidated 2016 onward]
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:08 pm
mpiotrow

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by jsloan
Very low. They're only selling three seats in the forward cabin, and none of them below a D fare. You need R space to upgrade; P/PN are good signs. Z0 is a decidedly bad sign.
Yep, that's what I figured...looking at the seat map, the plane is pretty full in both cabins, so I figured the chance for an upgrade was pretty slim. Conversely, my flight from LAX-HNL seems REALLY empty, and only 7 of the 28 UC seats are taken (according to the seat map), and the buckets are showing F9 A9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 as of now, so I'm hoping I'll end up with a CPU on that flight! That would be Polaris, right? Flight 1158, on a 777.

Originally Posted by jsloan
If you call, you can apply it to an individual segment, and, if it clears in advance, you can call back and ask for it to be extended to include all segments.
Just to be clear, does a single RPU apply for the entire trip (DEN-MNL-DEN and all of the segments that make up the itinerary), or just the return portion (MNL-DEN, and the 3 segments that make up that portion of the itinerary)?