FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:06 am
melrowgo

Originally Posted by madiha90
Thank you everyone! i wasn't expecting everyone to be so nice and actually try and explain it to me lol i was expecting more of a you should know this before commenting kinda replies. But I really appreciate all your help!
FDing is the next frontier for me. With the help of several FTers, I was able to learn how to work GF, ITA, EF, and other tools to score many sweet deals for us over the last several years. It took time to learn, but I had great teachers and did the research.

To me, though, learning how to effectively FD with the (necessarily) cryptic information that's out there is like trying to learn Mandarin with no teacher. You're politely told to RTFM, but 85% of the "manual" is written in Mandarin.

It's definitely worthwhile to learn, and I've been very willing to put in the time and effort to learn what I have. But I tell ya, I'd treat an expert who'd let me watch how they research FDs for a few hours to a very nice dinner.