FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321T / 321T “32B” Transcon JFK <--> LAX / SFO Upgrade Success / Help
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:38 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
How does clearing upgrade at gate work?

Assuming I check in with a boarding pass in Y, does the gate agent call my name to exchange a new boarding pass with me if my upgrade is cleared at gate? Or do I have to proactively check with GAs to make sure they know I am on the upgrade list waiting to be cleared for upgrade?
You can view the list on the AA mobile app, or on the screen at the gate. When they clear upgrades, they'll usually call the name over the speaker, although with the upgrade lists, there's no need to wait for that, either refresh your electronic boarding pass, or proactively approach the counter when you see on the list that you've cleared.

Originally Posted by lightbulbs
More often than not, if a seat clears the gate agent will come reseat you before the boarding door closes. I imagine this doesn't happen 100% of the time
[emphasis added] Oooh, I don't know if it's even 51% of the time. If you're near the top of the list, definitely check with the gate agent before boarding. Many will just skip over you if you've already boarded.