FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So how does UA win back the flying public? (Beyond the obvious)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:34 am
shortkidd

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by warrenw
I think that United could do a couple of things.... You really need to entice passengers and show them that they matter. Reward loyalty and show empathy. If I was in a decision making position I would do the following:

1. Match AA with 8 GPU's.
2. To use a GPU you still need to buy W or above, however once you purchase it's confirmed at booking. No need to waitlist, and you get guaranteed use of your instrument. I firmly believe this would entice frequent fliers to consider United again.
3. Increase Voluntary denied boarding amount and mimic Delta with their "always voluntary" motto. Everyone has a "price."
4. Get rid of this "basic economy" crap. It's just a way to tack on extra fees. It makes the airline look slimy.
5. First checked bag free. I'm sure the airline makes a ton of money from this, but it would free up so much overhead bin space. I'm an Asia-primary traveler and I never have problems with overhead bin space.
No more 8 EVIPs on AA. Only 4 now.