FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Article - Why I disliked Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:35 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So the total lack of ventilation isn't a problem for you? It appears that you are in the minority on this.
It certainly wasn't a problem for me on my visit. If you'd like to try real lack of ventilation, try the Qantas International Business lounge showers in Auckland. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful!

So it's just like a hotel lobby except that it has several separate options for eating. And it has showers with attendants. And magazines and newspapers. And relaxing rooms where one can catch a nap. Yup, just like a hotel lobby.
Yes, absolutely correct - just like a hotel lobby. A lobby tends to have the hotel bar and restaurant accessible directly or up some stairs. Sometimes there are spa facilities including showers that are off the lobby. It is not dissimilar at all, you know. I am glad you agree ^

Perhaps QR's goal was to offer different eating options and comfortable chairs and showers, etc., etc., etc., so that the lounge would satisfy a wide variety of travelers' needs. The fact that you didn't feel like eating doesn't mean that others feel the same way or that food options shouldn't be provided.
I completely agree with you. At the same time I am not the only person who finds the lounge to be just like a hotel lobby. Each experience is different and my opinion is no more or less relevant than yours or anyone else's. It's great to hear your opposing view - I do appreciate your time in responding.