FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Article - Why I disliked Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:39 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the showers ....
So the total lack of ventilation isn't a problem for you? It appears that you are in the minority on this.

My main point in the article is that it is like a large hotel lobby, with very little in the way of amenities in the lounge proper. It is seating, seating, seating and that is almost all there is. It has no personality.
So it's just like a hotel lobby except that it has several separate options for eating. And it has showers with attendants. And magazines and newspapers. And relaxing rooms where one can catch a nap. Yup, just like a hotel lobby.

I do agree it is a world class facility, however it was not to my taste at all. Perhaps on a future visit I will be hungry and wish to eat and if that changes my perception I will write a follow up article to that effect.
Perhaps QR's goal was to offer different eating options and comfortable chairs and showers, etc., etc., etc., so that the lounge would satisfy a wide variety of travelers' needs. The fact that you didn't feel like eating doesn't mean that others feel the same way or that food options shouldn't be provided.