FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Article - Why I disliked Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:29 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The attendant first inspected the room to ensure that it was ready while I waited. He then asked if I wanted a dental kit (I did), and asked if there were enough towels for me. Yes, it was very slightly awkward, as it was apparent that he wanted a tip; but what a change from AA's "No, those are the towels you get" to "Do you have enough towels or would you like more, sir?"

I don't know what this guy's agenda is, but it was pretty obvious (at least to me) that he has one.
He's employed in that role, he's not a freelancer. His agenda is to follow his job description and keep that job.

OK, OK: human nature being what it is, I'm sure he's discovered some passengers will give him generous amounts of money for putting a little more effort into what he is employed to do. A bit like the waiter in my Austin hotel breakfast room, who follows me round the buffet trying to help me select items