FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New FT features 27 Mar 2017 for logged in users not using ad blockers
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:11 am
SK2751

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I am logged in, and accept cookies, but I do use Privacy Badger (from EFF) which attempts to block mostly third party trackers/cookies, which should not interfere with flyertalk or ad delivery, etc. It just blocks unrelated web sites from being able to track me. It's a great plug-in.

For example, the cookies blocked from this page include:

c.amazon-adsystem.com
securepubads.g.doubleclick.net
loadus.exelator.com
www.google-analytics.com
ajax.googleapis.com
www.googletagservices.com
www.google.com
b.scorecardresearch.com
mtrx.go.sonobi.com

You can see those are all unrelated to flyertalk.com. Any cookie that's directly related to flyertalk.com would be allowed on this site.

Do you know which cookie it is? I can look for it.

-David
This post had it all, but in the usual style of data hungry aggressive businesses it was ignored. It is not about ads at all. Non intrusive valuable and relevant travel ads can well be made to fit this very well focused community. This is however not about ads but about tracking me, and selling my identity and browsing patterns to third parties.

I also run a tracker blocker (not an ad blocker) and I don't intend to change it. If IB fixes their malicious practices and offers clean advertising, I will keep it on (assuming that the amount of advertising will be within the reason for a site where most value is created by the users not by the site).

Last edited by SK2751; Apr 17, 2017 at 6:48 am