FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards MasterCard [now 60,000 pts]
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:52 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
To my fellow IHG card churners I am going to answer my own questions. I confirmed with Chase customer service and new card applications groups that I would be unable to downgrade to the no-fee IHG card and then apply for a new IHG Rewards card...to Chase they are basically the same product.
Wait, there's a no-AF IHG card? I don't recall hearing about that. Possibly because I didn't care because....

For those with IHG elite status and in search of how long you must wait to be offered the 80K signup bonus after cancelling....for me it took 9 calendar days after cancelling the card with Chase for the IHG.COM to realize I was longer a IHG credit card holder. On the 9th day after cancelling I was offered my the IHG elite member 80K + 5K AU sign up bonus simply be logging in to Chase (I was not offered the $50 SC). Couldn't ever find a way to get 80K + 5K + $50 SC...dummy booking only yielded a 50K + 5K + $100 SC.
I, too, have been able to apply for a new IHG card with the generous sign-up offer less than 2 weeks of cancelling my previous card. As long as it has been 24+ months since the previous sign-up bonus was awarded.