FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which (if any) *A members give more status miles in C/F on ALL *A carriers?
Old May 11, 2004, 2:35 pm
Schultzois

Which (if any) *A members give more status miles in C/F on ALL *A carriers?

Does anyone know if any of the *A FF programs give the 25% or 50% or more Class of Service bonus for Status Miles, Regardless of which *A carrier you fly? United gives status mile bonus in C/F only on UA and I believe some LH flights. USAirways looks like it gives status mile bonus for US, UA, and LH. In the last few years I have tended to spread my *A travel among many partners, and it would be nice to get status bonuses whether flying SQ/NH/SK/RG etc. Outside *A, AA gives a 50% Q-point bonus on any OW carrier in premium cabins, DL gives a 100% MQM bonus on any SkyTeam flight in premium cabins, and of course BA gives 2-3x the tier points they give in Y for J and F.

I've been a Premier member in UA for eight or nine consecutive years (many of those earlier status years being earned when I bought exclusively discount economy tickets). Starting a few years ago, when I started buying C and F tickets (and, before AF & BA retired their flagship, the occasional R ticket), I noticed how much faster I could get status in BA EC and DL SM, given their hefty status rewards for premium travel (BA's tier points had me at Sapphire level after less than two roundtrips given that I was flying F and R). So, for the last few years, I've been carrying status on all three alliances, albeit never top status on any of them. This year, for the first time, I may not fly *A at all given my preference for how much faster I can get status on OW or SkyTeam (not that I haven't had OW status headaches, which is why I'm shifting from BA EC to AAdvantage). My flying patterns have also changed a bit, but not in ways that would completely preclude *A travel.

In any case, I can hardly imagine avoiding the *A for too long, so when I start flying them again I thought I might do so through a program other than UA MP. Which brings me to the question of which *A members would have the best status rules for a NYC-based international C/F flyer?

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.