FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't book award flight because all cards declined
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:06 pm
gerardfarrell

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by WidgetTravels
The address verification system hasn't changed in years for Res. Don't know quite what you're talking about here. We have an error message sent to us when the address is wrong, if the CID/Expiration Date is wrong, if the card number is wrong, etc.

If the response comes back that card is declined, it means all information on Delta's side is correct, but the bank isn't authorizing the charge. This can be for a variety of reasons, the most likely is that there are not enough funds on the card.

There is no "old" reservation interface. The current GUI rolled out in early 2013 and the old one was retired summer of 2013. There's Delta Term, which hasn't been worked in by frontline res reps in at least 10 years.

In my case I can only say that the agent described the transactions as card declined yet my bank has given me 5 authorisation codes which shows that they should not have been. This wasn't a funds issue as 3 of those 4 were for the full amount. The first was actually for just one of the tickets. Today the agent stated that the transactions must have been declined as no ticket was issued.

During today's successful transaction I heard the agent ask herself why line 2 of the address was a problem, and then she said she'd have to have a colleague on "another system" re-enter my card details so I had to give them again.