FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heads Up, IAD airport Hilton - $65/night
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:53 pm
TravelingNomads

Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's funny because for an unrelated reason last night I was looking at an old trip report where I stayed at this hotel and paid $65 Agree it's a good rate, but I also think the distinction between Hilton and other Hilton brands isn't always linear.
Funny! I will admit that the rooms are typically similar to all of their brands, but the downstairs has always been different in my experience with Hilton. Usually a nicer restaurant/bar at least, but of course you pay for that.

In some ways, as a family traveler, I've actually preferred Hilton Garden Inns (omlettes made to order for all, but usually still get a fridge)... Hampton Inns are ok. Hiltons are nicer in some ways, but usually don't have a fridge which is a pain with a family, but we'd sometimes get access to the lounges which helped if there was finger food/soda provided.

Regardless, I'm going on vacation in a month and at this point could stay at a Days Inn for all I care. I just wanna be at the beach! Well, maybe not the Days Inn... I really hate the Days Inn, but you get the point!

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Apr 16, 2017 at 5:07 am