FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:44 am
blueman2

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Emotions are high. And I recognize that hyperbole is fun, but frankly I expect better from someone with 10,000+ posts on FT. It's shameful to libel tens of thousands of employees when it is patently obvious from reading this forum that there are many UA staff who do exemplary work. Even Oscar Munoz himself was highly regarded by customers until this single, devastating incident. Most agreed that he was winding down the tone-deaf, penny-pinching, metrics-at-all-costs approach of his predecessor.

It's one thing to be convinced that Munoz isn't up to the task. But to smear the entire workforce is totally uncalled for.
+1. I understand fully the emotions that we all have around this. It hits us because we all been treated poorly by United personnel many, many times while traveling. And there is evidence that United is towards the bottom in terms of customer treatment. But every time I fly, I see 75% really good people often doing tough public facing jobs, 20% who really do not care, and 5% that are just nasty people and should not work for United. I am trying to focus on the 75% and not the 5%.