FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH Turnaround / Back to Back
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:24 am
wolf72
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by ermen
I took a metered taxi to and from Klang.
Hopped onto one at KLIA @ 605pm and got there ~705pm after the taxi driver took a wrong turn and we were stuck down a one way street and had to make a big circle back around the bridge. Would have been there at ~650pm otherwise. But the taxi driver was pleasant and efficient.

I went to Senghuat. Heard it was meant to be one of the better ones?

Let at 750 so was not worried about miss my flight. But then, I got worried as the driver went to some random gas station to refill his gas! I told him about my flight and he said "no problem i have shortcut". I told him to take the expressway and he said it "will take longer because of jam". So what am I going to do? Kick him out the car?

FWIW I paid a fixed price of RM90 to get to KLIA (from Klang). He didn't want to run the meter and I didn't bother arguing with him because RM90 seemed the right price as it was what I paid from the airport.

I would have taken Grab/Uber, but for my phone battery that died at the most inconvenient time.

Still, I glad I went! Beats sitting around the airport for 3.5hours! Think my risk tolerance is quite high.
Ah, the ole ï have to stop at petrol station to top up the gas for the gas tank routine. Yes, they all do that. They top up either on the way to or from the airport, so they don't have to waste time after dropping you getting in line for the next passenger.

Better you lose 10-15 minutes than them.

Sorry, I just do not trust Malaysian taxi drivers anymore. Had enough.

And not worth the stress, anguish and arguments there after.

I like my train from the airport to KL Sentral and then grab a car there after to whatever destination in the city I need to get to. No stress. No worries. and NO RIP OFF'S.