FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:45 am
PrivatePilot

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson

If I were on United's Board of Directors, and could get them to listen to me, he would settle. The cost of having this thing drag on (especially after the admissions United has made) is larger than a very large cash settlement would be. I'd just tell him, we're going to change your life and the lives of all your descendants, while you're still alive to see it and enjoy it. A trial may not yield a larger sum than this, and it will take time that you could spend touring the world with your wife and children, and selecting private schools and colleges for your children and grandchildren.
Honestly, United should just give him an offer he cant refuse and be done with this. Even if its higher than what we would get otherwise in court. Just offer up $10M and be done with it. If this drags out more, UA will probably lose more.

On a side note, its amazing how the Chicago aviation police officers and that department is getting off so lightly on this one. Normally police brutality is all over the news but looks like they got a pass on this one. After all, it was them that actually punched and dragged the guy off the plane.