FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Business is easily the worst international C I've ever flown
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:30 pm
thbe

Originally Posted by thbe
I also get an amenity kit on every single flight.
I've written that on Tuesday and it's not true any more since my last flight on EY on Friday. Things moving fast these days.

Of course it is not correct to call EY's C the worst international C. It is not. And it is a bit ridiculous if that was stated by someone, who seems to know US-American carriers well as the airline business in the US is just a service desert. And at least EY cares about the physical integrity of their passengers, while i. e. UA try to kill theirs.

But from my point of view it is ok to overstate something, if there's something really wrong. And with all the cost cuttings EY is going to the dogs.

When I changed to EY for most of my flights to Asia, that decision was really a no brainer. Limousine service for C passengers, frequent operational upgrades, one of the best onboard products for single travelers, tons of miles, good lounges at AUH and the destinations, high value of miles, low fares and special sales almost all the time. OK, EY was never good at handling irops/service issues or organizing an airport. But that was ok.

Since that time almost all or better to say exactly all of these advantages are gone. Now they even save on amenity kits. And it also seems to me like EY lays their experienced staff off and replaces them with newbies (or doesn't replace them at all). There is also no snack menu in the morning anymore in the First class lounge. Now you only get breakfast in the morning, bye bye to the beef sliders.

I think, the EY party is over. After wasting Billions of petrol dollars on developing it's business very fast, EY will be downsized into nothingness. The actions by the US and Europe to protect their own airlines - already in existence and coming - will speed that up.