FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Learned a lesson the hard way
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:46 pm
scott_w

Learned a lesson the hard way

I booked a reservation for May using the Points + Cash option. Two nights at 10K points plus $30 cash per night. My plans changed and I cancelled the reservation. I never got a credit on my Choice Visa for the $60. I called and found out that the $60 was non-refundable. They directed me to the rules and regulations or whatever it is and sure enough it is buried in there.

I went back to the main page and went through the steps to re-book it, just to see what was on the final page. On that page, on the right side, it states that the cancellation policy is that I can cancel up to the date of the reservation free of charge. HOWEVER, under the "Make Reservation" button, is the notice that if you cancel the points will be refunded but the monetary payment will not be.

So yes, it was there, but to me this is deceptive, even if unintentional. Why can't they put this under the Cancellation Policy instead of burying it under the "Make Reservation" button?

So heads up to anyone choosing the Points + Cash option that if you cancel, the money is gone. I never knew that. I do now.