FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More 737-900's For Delta
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:01 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Widgets
I can't tell the difference between 17" and 18" seats, or 31 or 32 inches of pitch. Am I the only one?
For me, the adjacent passengers are far more meaningful to my level of comfort. If the person in front of me fully reclines, 31 vs 32 won't matter. If the person next to me is too wide for their seat (doesn't have to be a POS, could just be someone with broad shoulders or whatever), it doesn't matter if my seat is 17.2 or 17.5 or 18. Unfortunately, the only way to ensure my own space is to buy the adjacent seat or to fly in premium cabins. (Exit rows help with the recline problem, and to some degree with the lateral space issue.)

Similarly, the size of the lav isn't so important as the number and position of lavs. eg: I won't fly the BA A319 in Y with it's one lav for ~100 Y pax. I try to avoid the DL 764 in J since most Y pax don't realize the forward lavs are actually for J (thus resulting in long lines).