FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More 737-900's For Delta
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:55 am
Austin787

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Anderson was a hot head and didn't tell the truth. He went around saying he could buy a used 777 for $7 million. He left out the part that it was completely un-airworthy and was only used for parts. He called the 777X a "paper airplane" even though there was nothing major in the improvements and the A330neo hadn't even been launched and the A350 was still in the design process. He is lucky Boeing didn't slap him with with a slander lawsuit. They would have certainly been within their rights. He also soured the relationship with Korean Air and went on daily rants about the ME3. We have thankfully seen the relationship heal between Delta and Korean Air under the new leadership team and Bastion isn't going around yelling crazy things on a daily basis. Delta is far better off now that Anderson is gone.
Anderson did lots of good for Delta and the airline improved a lot under his reign. His biggest mistake was burning bridges with Boeing and his airline partners.

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
God, row one. To any of the poor souls that have to sit in 1C or 1D my heart goes out to you. The legroom is worse than that of a seat in Y without a cutout. Poor poor souls.
I flew in row 1 on SJU-ATL. I actually like that row - more legroom than economy comfort and no one reclining into my space.