FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH Turnaround / Back to Back
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:20 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ermen
I took a metered taxi to and from Klang.
Hopped onto one at KLIA @ 605pm and got there ~705pm after the taxi driver took a wrong turn and we were stuck down a one way street and had to make a big circle back around the bridge. Would have been there at ~650pm otherwise. But the taxi driver was pleasant and efficient.

I went to Senghuat. Heard it was meant to be one of the better ones?

Let at 750 so was not worried about miss my flight. But then, I got worried as the driver went to some random gas station to refill his gas! I told him about my flight and he said "no problem i have shortcut". I told him to take the expressway and he said it "will take longer because of jam". So what am I going to do? Kick him out the car?

FWIW I paid a fixed price of RM90 to get to KLIA (from Klang). He didn't want to run the meter and I didn't bother arguing with him because RM90 seemed the right price as it was what I paid from the airport.

I would have taken Grab/Uber, but for my phone battery that died at the most inconvenient time.

Still, I glad I went! Beats sitting around the airport for 3.5hours! Think my risk tolerance is quite high.
You just made a taxi driver very happy...

Uber/Grab would have cost you only RM 75 (Uber) & RM 65 (Grab) to anywhere in the Klang Valley - that includes Klang !