FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slummin' it to Spain - BCN, PMI for some Park Hyatt, and MAD
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:57 pm
chongl

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
That night, we called around for reservations but found out many restaurants were closed as it was low season. Rather than deal with driving and finding parking, we just went to Tapas Bar again for dinner.

Some of the ham we had the previous night, as well as some sausage

We had a pick of the sobrasada de porc negre, camaiot, and chorizo, and all were delicious

Steak tartare

Tuna tartare

Oxtail cannelloni made with cheese cream and foie gras. We forgot to disclose a peanut allergy, but the chef was awesome enough to fire up a second serving just for my wife. We were completely content with the original dish since it was our fault for not being upfront, but like I said, the staff were more than accommodating

Farm egg with potato cream and Iberian ham

Lastly, some croquettes to finish it off

Dessert of creamy chocolate with coffee foam

We retired to our room afterwards for the last night at this beautiful resort. I do hope we have time during a better season to come back and explore some more.

The next morning, we checked out and hopped in the car back towards PMI. We had to do a little luggage rearranging since one of the bags was overweight. Once we were within 1 kilo, the desk agent was content and handed us our boarding passes.

At one of the run down Priority Pass lounges, but still better than waiting at the gate

At the gate waiting for the flight to Madrid

Another hour or so of flight later, we landed in Madrid and took a taxi to the AC Carlton Madrid. It was a barebones room in contrast to the PH, but comfy enough to kick back and relax in.

I still don't get why so many bathrooms have partial glass that lets water splash all over the floor

Not having eaten lunch, we found a local spot to fill our stomachs

Steak medallions

Time to explore!

Plaza Mayor

Chocolateria San Gines for some churros

And then back to Plaza Mayor for some people watching.

A disgusting costume

Some more wandering

A band

Taking a roundabout way back to our hotel

Thru Parque del Retiro

Sun setting

And we called it a night!