FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta one
Thread: Delta one
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:08 pm
dilbertsdaddy

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
As someone who pays for J most of the time (since being able to use a GUC at booking is rare), I have just a few comments:

WJBJ - this is the way the system is set up. Period.

D1 is NOT an elite product. It may be advertised that way but I really don't think that is the intent. Surely someone at DL has sampled the food and service and realizes it is not an elite product. We could all get a better product but choose not to do so for MQM; I can't make DM without Intl J so if I choose something better I am sentenced to a year in Y domestically and lose SC the next year. I give up a little on a few international trips to make my domestic life on the most reliable airline easier; it is a tradeoff and a business decision. DL understands this. If all you did was fly international J and did not care about status you could fly a better product (depending on your route of course).

Stop hating on non-revs! I can count on one hand the number of issues I've seen in 35 years of flying. Jeez people.

Not that many non-revs are up there!!!!

Triva - who is more obnoxious, a non-rev or a DYKWIA? IME it is the DYKWIA.

Rant over.

PS - WJBJ

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Apr 13, 2017 at 5:21 pm