FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta one
Thread: Delta one
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:15 pm
WidgetKid

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Janus777

... what also sucks for the FA's is that non rev's are usually the most demanding service-wise...(I can say this because my Sis-in-law is a pilot's wife and she tells me stories of her behavior on the planes and she is kind of person I dread to meet in a premium cabin and I am pretty sure her behavior is fairly common)

I think this is a dramatic over-generalization. You are basing this off of one person's behavior that is simply not representative of the majority. Most nonrevs that I have encountered generally try to blend in and not be intrusive or demanding at all. Of course, there are bad apples out there and and this relative certainly seems to be one, but that behavior is anything but common in my experience.

Originally Posted by Janus777

I myself think that Delta employees and direct family should have the privilege to fly up front in D1 but that other non-rev should not have that privilege..it would improve the experience both for the employees and also the Revenue passengers....It would improve the brand, and isn't that what Delta wants to accomplish?

Employees and immediate family (parents, children, spouse) are the only people who get full free pass benefits (if the employee doesn't have a spouse, they can designate a travel companion). I understand your point regarding buddy passes though, however they do pay for the ability to fly standby (and transoceanic buddies are not cheap (not as much as a ticket mind you, but still not a cheap deal)). Other airline employees are not eligible for J at all, and this tends to be true for all airlines with a handful of exceptions.

Edit to add: DLMiddleSeats beat me to the punch. I agree completely with his assessment regarding buddy passes.