FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apple iMessage a great technology feature causing havoc
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:21 am
WorldLux

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
Just curious if Flyertalker members are aware of any other work or personal issues that came to light by what is a great technology feature that is not understood by many when they switch iMessage on.
Could've been Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Emails, etc. too. If you set up a device so that it can receive notifications and messages, then it's your own fault.

BTW: Don't send emails and messages from Apple Store devices to your loved ones. Whenever I have to kill time and there's an Apple Store in sight, I go through a couple devices and send idiotic messages to people that left their personal info there.

Originally Posted by tai4de2
The biggest problem here seems to be sharing Apple IDs. Nothing good ever comes of that.
Particularly if a) Apple IDs are free and b) can be set up with CC. I had a second Apple ID set up just for my second phone (and getting more back-up space via the second ID) by using <myphonenumber>@icloud.com