FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:57 am
rufflesinc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by johnden
Thanks for your point of view. I'm totally onboard with the contract issues. However I still believe any private business can have you removed from their property at any time for any reason (landlord/tenant and other exceptions apply). The contract may protect a person from prosecution for trespassing, allow them recourse in civil court, etc. I don't believe the contract in any way prevents a business from asking law enforcement to remove an uncooperative customer, either before or after payment, it only provides recourse for the customer after they are removed from the property.
There's not that many businesses whose contract provides for the customer to be on the business's property. Transportation and lodging, that's pretty much it.

Now , another example might be selling widgets. You sell a widget to a customer, then discover either you (the seller) priced the widget wrong or promised more widgets to your customers than you could deliver. Can you have the police come and take the widgets from a customer?