FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Aviation Security Police
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:35 am
vincentharris
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Chicago Aviation Security Police

So I dont know if people are aware but these "officers" involved in the situation on board flight 3411 are Chicago Aviation Security Police, they are not allowed to carry firearms, and have been subject to multiple government officials believing they should be carrying firearms because they wear police uniforms, and are POST certified officers.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics...curity-report/

My question is will the safety of other officers be in jeopardy because after this whole affair there is not a chance in hell these officers will EVER be allowed to carry firearms? The ole the sins of a few will punish the whole group, few rotten apples spoil the bunch etc.

I thought I would share for folks these are not security guard, UA security personnel, or "rent a cops" these three involved are fully certified police officers who clearly went outside their realm of authority. If these officers worked at Chicago PD, NYPD, or your local county/town/city police they would be carrying firearms with full police powers. I wish people would stop writing the behavior off as they are not just security guards.