FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access Changes?
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:55 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
This has happened in 3 different properties recently and is a huge disservice. Before I would always get lounge access at CP/HI brands internationally as Spire, even if they left me in a regular room. Now I get sold for ~$50 per night lounge access.

Was this really a recent change from IHG to allow "selling" of lounge access instead of granting it to elites?
Lounge access has never been a benefit of IHG spire.

I have received it at some properties, and been refused it at other properties, both in Europe and in Asia.

If you read the other threads on here, you will see that there were rumors from certain hotels that IHG was planning to make lounge access a guaranteed benefit of Spire. Other parts of IHG said that this was untrue.

Then someone else reported that IHG is "trialling" lounge access for Spire in Greater China, why the need to "trial" it instead of just giving it, I don't know.

Now you are reporting that some hotels have said IHG is doing the exact opposite and forbidding the granting of lounge access where it isn't included with the room.

So, I don't know what IHG's true intention is, and/or they have poor control over their hotels. Anyway, compared to other chains Spire is pretty useless as has been discussed on here since it was introduced.