FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Alaska Overbook Flights?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:19 pm
SamuelS

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by tsillanman
Yes Thank you Ryan. How about a sub topic titled "Should be working for United" to address anyone at AS whose behavior might "qualify" them for a job at United
I did some work at UA in a previous life and have many good friends still there - in both inflight and CS on the ground. There's a lot of very dedicated folks at UA so I think it's a bit unfair to paint a broad brush.

UA does have some deep rooted issues for sure, and it's unfortunate that it takes a nasty incident and resulting media fall out before they get addressed.

But to be fair, UA has been getting a particularly bad rap and in some cases somewhat unfairly of late. The "leggings-gate" was really a non-story. Almost all airlines have some kind of dress code for pass-riding and employee travel, and the fact that these non-revs turned up not in compliance should not have seen a mass outcry and Celebrity boycotts. I have seen passriders at BA, WestJet, AC and others get turned away for non-compliant dress code. No media outcry.

Back OT, I get the need for carriers to overbook. I don't have a problem in theory with the practice - it's just all in how you manage it. If you can score $11k in Amex cards for a family of 4 not to travel - hey, that's not such a shabby deal