FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:15 pm
Rdenney

Programs: Air: UA (Gold), AA, WN, DL; Hotel: Hilton (Diamond), plus all the rest
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
You're in absolutely no position to make that call. [Unduly personalized text edited by Moderator per FT Rule 12.]
Seems to me that if the pax was truly belligerent and disruptive, witnesses would have said so. There was no shortage of witnesses here. I'm really trying to keep to what has been publicly printed in mainstream press, based on actual quotes from actual witnesses. The cop's report says one thing, the witnesses say another. But the simple fact is that the man was 69 (and this was in the original call), slight of muscle and pudgy around the middle. He was behind airport security and therefore assuredly unarmed. He was surrounded by three much younger and tougher men. I doubt they could make the case that they were threatened.

I see a cop trying to establish probable cause. We'll see if it works. It just might, but it won't help United.