FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at DCA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:58 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by m907
Those were upgrades or PC?
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by platbrownguy
DCA again. Infiniti Q50, Mercedes GLA250, Cadillac CTS, and one of those humongous Infiniti SUVs. Bunch of ordinary stuff & minivans. I took the CTS.

These were the PC aisle selections on Friday 3/31 -- very pleasantly surprised by the nice offerings.

Unfortunately, I was back at DCA this weekend (morning of Saturday 4/8), and the combination of cherry-blossom weekend and the bad weather beforehand had led to a nearly empty lot -- I took the lone car in the PC aisle (a newish Camry) after unsuccessfully trying to negotiate for the lone upgrade option (a Porsche SUV, for which the computer wanted $101/day, extra, minimum on top of the base rate). There was one vehicle in the 5* lot (a soft-top Jeep), and two or three scattered minivans elsewhere, apart from some vehicles in the Reserved section. National was fully booked or else I would have gone up there.