FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What can we do: 1-day boycott, email campaigns to Congress, etc
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:15 pm
tryintogohome
Suspended

Programs: MPlus,OW,Hotels.com
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
I think the GA didn't go higher than an $800 voucher for a VDB offer because that was all the GA was authorized to offer. If that's true, one easy way to try to avoid problems like this is to give the GA more discretion. I guess the $800 was based on the IDB compensation, but this is a situation in which the airline thought it HAD to get these people on board, so I think the GA should be allowed to negotiate until they got space.
And that's fine, but there needs to be an escalation procedure, Having been an engineer, plant manager , Ops VP and board member there are situations when you call someone or you get called to make sure appropriate action is taken.
Safety issue, IR problem,major equipment failure etc etc etc. If I was running a major airline which has a miserable CS reputation I might want it go to very senior level in my company before somebody makes a decision to send the police on board to forcibly remove somebody to for a scheduling issue,knowing (unless you have just spent a decade on Mars) that it will posted everywhere in minutes. No excuse for this ,PR firm, and senior execs need to go over this.