FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:58 pm
Steffo

Well said Bear

Originally Posted by BearX220
Yup, there's a sign at the gate that says "NOW BOARDING" when passengers are getting on the plane. It doesn't say "BOARDING LATER." I'd like to see a judge consider the argument that boarding the aircraft isn't really "boarding."
The airlines will now change their CoC's to give themselves all of the powers that folks like Minnfly wish for them to have. Maybe some of the worst carriers like UA will throw in the right to rectally probe all travelers and pull background checks and then disparage them by all available means too. Ironic because the rest of the internet is focused on how to make things better for travelers, not worse and the site that was once known as the very best place in the world for travelers to share and help one another is now a resource for corporate lawyers to figure out how to make our travel worse!

I remember what happened here on 9/11, how FT'ers all around the world selflessly accommodated those who were stranded, people posting that they were headed to the airport to pick people up and how many they could accommodate in their homes, taking in strangers for days. Lifetime friendships were formed. I don't recall anyone saying "we can accommodate you but only if you're perfect, or you're just like me." It was a beautiful expression of the very best in all of us I think, unafraid, full of compassion, honoring differences and acting selflessly. I'm out but I will make a donation today to Habitat for Humanity in honor of Dao and all those on FT who accommodated strangers on 9/11.

Last edited by Steffo; Apr 11, 2017 at 1:00 pm Reason: Mistake in who I named