FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to file complain to Delta?
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:53 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by The Situation
What Why is this the airline's responsibility? If having food is a life or death issue for me (thankfully its not), I am going to be darn sure that I always am carrying food with me and not relying on others. Even so, I ALWAYS pack a few granola bars. What if I am at the bank or a car dealer get my oil changed - should they be obligated to provide me food as well?

This is not to trivialize the OP's complaint, I too would be disappointed if they were out of food, but I think you got a bit carried away.
I agree with you that if you absolutely need access to food at all times that it is your responsibility to carry it.

However, I take FlyerCO's point. It doesn't matter whose responsibility it should be, what matters are the optics if some terrible (fatal?) hypoglycemic event happens on an extremely long domestic flight with no food service or access to food. Hopefully the crew could help said passenger with FC food etc, but it is really worth the airline's consideration from a PR standpoint.

Then there's the issue of flights like UA's EWR-HNL which is blocked at 11 hours and 9 minutes westbound. 6.5 hours is reasonable amount of time for most people to go without food. 11 hours and 9 minutes is not. That could make a large thread of its own though