FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recording Passengers/Crew During Incidents...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:26 am
saltydog75

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold
My problem with everyone filming is just that: they're not doing anything to help whatever situation is being filmed. If one of the folks filming had instead said "hey, this guy's so against leaving the plane that he's willing to be carried out, I'll give up my seat", problem solved. Not saying that's "the right thing" in the 30k foot view, just that it was one solution. And it's a worrying trend in society. Everyone wants to film. Few want to actually do anything to help. Sure, in some cases filming is all you can do, but not all. I think about the woman who spent $700 to buy a last-minute ticket for the gentleman who didn't have a ticket for his daughter thinking she wouldn't need one but did because she had just turned 2. Sometimes quick action and sacrifice by a bystander is all it takes to get a good resolution. If you absolutely had to be on the flight, I wouldn't expect you to volunteer, but there had to be at least one person who didn't have an urgent need and could have been a good samaritan.

Don't want to get this off-topic. My point is: if your instinct is to immediately whip out your camera and start filming, you should learn to also say: is there anything I can do to help rather than just filming?