FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So how does UA win back the flying public? (Beyond the obvious)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:43 am
bo1953

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Originally Posted by SteveOh
@qukslvr619 - your black and white thinking is honking me off - what I'm hearing is "don't resist" and "just do what you're told" - What if the passenger was traveling with a teenager? Just walk away from your kid because an undertrained and short sighted UA employee told you to?

Chaos did ensue because the UA employees and aviation cops didn't think they any other option. The UA employees who thought that all passengers are impacted the same by being tossed off were undertrained and short sighted in their thinking. The cops who didn't stop to think "wait, if he is a doctor, why isn't UA just picking someone else?"
I have to chuckle at the last sentence, he, as I, could have used "it is Passover and I have to get home to prepare"!

What about, I Am a nurse and the hospital needs me! I have pets at home you cannot IDB me, they need me home from this flight.... ad nauseum!

I Am sure the GA would have tried to do something if it were truly a 'provable' urgency for the 'Dr.' to be on that flight.

Have a safe trip.....