FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:15 am
leungy18

Programs: gate lice
Originally Posted by Rdenney
Nobody is doubting crazy passengers--and like many here my mileages are higher than yours. But the question of the existence of crazy pax is not the issue in this case. None of the eyewitnesses being interviewed suggested any craziness on the part of this passenger until he was physically removed.

What I have seen in the last three or four hears is a marked increase in surliness and parental dictation from airline employees, particularly including United. It is not impossible that what you are seeing and what I am seeing are related.
Originally Posted by spainflyer
So, it was thugs in old blue jeans and tee shirts, not authorized to carry weapons, who beat up the doctor. That makes it a lot better, Oscar.
Really disappointed with Oscar here. Heard all these great stories, but can't look a pax in the eye and apologize when under pressure from toxic employees? Boo. I know I shouldn't expect much from UA, but Smi-suck is not supposed to be the benchmark of corporate responsibility.