FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA may start BoB in Y longhaul!
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:38 am
henkybaby
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Shares made a nice jump again. Not sure if it is causation or correlation though.

If it is a plan, it is remarkably well executed. First water down the current offering to a degree that people are truly miserable and then offer to replace it with something good but they will have to pay for it. They may even thank you for doing it.

Personally, I would welcome a business model where I can 'design my own service'. Lets say I want a flat bed, but no need for free drinks and meals. Or I am happy with a WT seat, but I would like to have champagne (and preferably a choice) and good food. Maybe don't even want lounge access prior to my flight as I want to shop or have arrived late. Preferably I can decide my needs last minute, except from the seat of course.

I am not against that model, if it would lead to actual savings but I doubt it would. There is no way to cater for a model like this. It would require more cabin crew to execute it well and the entire logistic operation would need to change. It would be ideal though. I would sometimes gladly just 'buy a seat' and sleep.