FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:19 am
MDJennings

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Went back to look at it and I'm still not convinced about the entire situation and United is just being a total disaster here.

Why wasn't the four deadheading crew members put on UA4771 instead, and had to take UA3411?

Why was the cabin not offered a seat on UA4771, if they needed to VDB/IDB people off the plane?
How do we know the later flight wasn't sold out? I'm guessing if there was space available, the VDBs would have included a rebaking on it. Apparently the deadheads needed to be somewhere time specific.

Originally Posted by justinwong
So they can't kick him in the head without him threatening people, but they can sure as well do just about everything else including using such excessive force that his head gets banged into his seat to cause bleeding eh..

An appropriate reaction when something like this occurs to a non-threatening person would be to stop what you are doing, sit him down, apologise, get some tissue and water for him. It's not to compound the situation by dragging his limp body down the aisle, without first attempting to assess the extent of the injury.
I'm guessing, based on your continued false equivalence, that we're probably going end up agreeing to disagree. Are there any reports of them punching, slapping, elbowing, or striking him?