FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was this an odd response?
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:48 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
If the people at the central office don't have the menu, they don't have the menu.
I disagree with your conclusion. Celebrity chef - small restaurant group - do you really think each restaurant has their own webmaster? I would suspect that each restaurant's menu changes have to be approved by the big shot whose name is on the group, and thus new menus would come from the central office and not the individual restaurant.

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I consider the answer they gave you an example of good customer service because it is both constructive and definite: "Please call the restaurant for current information." What else do you want them to say? "We do not have that information and don't know when we'll get it"? That's negative, vague, and unhelpful.
Again, I disagree. Good customer service would be "We'll get that for you and send it in an email."

FWIW I email a lot of restaurants because of food allergies - no point in going someplace where you won't be able to eat, so I check in advance. 95% of the time the useful response comes from the main office, not the individual location.