FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:37 pm
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Things simply don't work this way. The system for IDB is very objective. If they need 4 people, they will select those with the cheapest tickets. Saver awards, then standard awards, then cheapest fares. Nothing is random about it, as has been reported in the media. They will choose the IDB's, and they don't care what personal circumstances are in play. This is one of the inherent risks of air travel these days, especially if you have no status on an airline.
I don;t think this is correct. As a UA 1K on a rather expensive ticket I've been the one pulled off ... granted, I did nt require police to coax me out of my seat, but I wasn't terribly happy. I simply was the last person to get booked onto the flight so I was made to be the first one off.