FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CA: PEK-UCB US$44 RT Up to 1.05cpk
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:15 pm
lesethan

Originally Posted by Edward_YUL
Not Too expensive as you imagine unless you prepare to buy a house in Beijing

If you find a Local 3 star Hotel it's around CNY100/US$15 Per Night

Public Transport between PEK and City is not too high, Airport Train to City is CNY 25/US$ 3.5 O/W, OR you can get public bus Airport Line 2(From Terminal 2, Free shuttle provided)+Subway Line 15+Other Subway for CNY 7-10/US$1-1.5 to almost anywhere inside 4th Ring road of Beijing City

Chinese Local Taxi App Provide PEK to Beijing City around CNY 85/US$12 which include the first 20 km and toll, but these App not provided in English Version, so you need to ask for a local to help, if you find a taxi from Taxi Stand outside of the airport, it's around CNY100-140/US$15-20 to City but the condition of cars are much worse than the taxi provided by App
I just got back from Beijing and can confirm those prices for transportation. The airport express is also very convenient and runs every 10-15 mins.

There are plenty of 'cheap' accommodations, but a 3 star local hotel also only has very local conditions at those prices and sometimes shared bathrooms which is a no-no for me. but if you spend a bit more you can actually have some very decent hotels ($40) that would cost three times as much in Shanghai.

Thanks for the great deal OP! I might jump on that if coming back to PEK soon