FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Letter to National Customer Service re Emerald Club Executive
Old May 10, 2004, 5:35 pm
adamgoldberg

Thumbs up Letter from National (not email)

Today I received a letter from a "Manager, Emerald Club Marketing", about a page and a half, summarized below:

1: I got your letter. Thanks for taking the time.

2: Thank you for renting from us so frequently for 9 years. You are our target audience.

3: Your letter tells me two things: 1. you understand the program, and 2. we need to do better training our folks. I'm disappointed your first experience was poor.

4. In an effort to roll-out quickly, SFO launched early (before roll-out date), and didn't have "all the components in place to ensure the service was properly supported and flawless". I'm sorry your experience wasn't wonderful. We've talked to them - it won't happen again.

5. Sorry some of the folks you talked to were tentative and/or got the runaround. The people in charge have seen your letter and they'll take care of it. Problems shouldn't occur, but if they do, customer service should be able to take care of it. I'm glad you talked to someone who performed well and fixed your problem. We'll give her an attaboy.

6. Thank you for writing a thorough letter. It'll help us. I can't give you your time back, but I'm depositing two free days into your account.

7. Thanks for your business and loyalty. I hope next time is flawless. If I can be of further assistance...

Well, from my perspective, A+ to National's corporate staff. This is a perfect response (which followed communications which had already satisfied me).

I'm confused why a rental on 4/26 at SFO was considered prior to scheduled roll-out, as the program roll-out was 4/18 ... but perhaps SFO was scheduled to be later.

In any case, I remain a satisfied National customer.