FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]
Old May 10, 2004, 5:16 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by eamus
I never had the benefit of this program, but from what I have read think it was/is a great idea.

I have a vote for storing SOS data on your AA elite card, say 14 for EXPs, 8 for PLTs and 6 for GLDs. With a software tweak you could enter the SOS in the kiosks when you next checked in, or at a terminal with a card reader in the AC while you had nothing better to do. You would get a screen with your last 3-5 flights, a field to check for SOS, then a keyboard for the FAs name and any comments you'd care to make, and the AA processing systems would automatically zing the employee an e-mail and cc the appropriate supervisors. I know it would be more sensible to do it as you left the flight, but those kiosk probably cost too much to dedicate them to that use. Just another option to kick in, although I like the grassroots version too.
Considering they don't even expect to have the eVIP system fully up and running until August (at the earliest) this might be a bit ambitious for them right now.