FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW - 5 Star vs Centurion vs AA lounge(s)?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:55 am
IndyMischa

Question DFW - 5 Star vs Centurion vs AA lounge(s)?

Hello, all! I'm hoping some of you more seasoned AA travelers can help me with this one. I've read through the DFW wiki, as well as numerous lounge-related threads, but I could use some clarification and advice.

I will be connecting through DFW on a CUN-IND itinerary, business / first, with two other travelers on the same itinerary. (If it matters at all for the logistics, we're booked via AA Vacations, and not a third party site.) We have a four hour layover, so barring any major crisis at Customs, we should have some time to burn. Options are:

* AA Five Star Service - most expensive, but within the budget. Would the included lounge access be to the Admirals Club, or the Flagship Lounge?

* Amex Centurion - we each have an Amex card, so I believe we could pay for one day guest passes, assuming there's availability. Any thoughts on how busy / full the lounge is on Saturday afternoon / early evening?

* Admirals Club or Flagship - I know that since we're in "domestic" first, we won't have comp access to either one. Is it possible to buy one day guest passes to either or both of these, on this itinerary?

Any opinions on which would be the best of the above? One of my travelmates is funding the majority of the trip, so I'd like to buy us all a bit of luxury during the layover. Thanks!!