FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer at SIN on two different tickets
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:28 am
dsgtc0408

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
You might consider either Tigerair or Jetstar Asia. Both are low cost carriers.

Tigerair: is part of the Singapore Air group. If the Tigerair flight is part of your overall SQ itinerary and purchase Tigerconnect this will allow direct transfer of your luggage, you won't have to enter Singapore legally, pick up your bag at the carousel and recheck in. The bad news is that the two Tigerair flights are not convenient. One arrives at 13:25, the other arrives at 21:45. Tigerair uses T2.

Jetstar Asia: is part of the Qantas group. They have one flight which arrives SIN at 17:10. They won't interline so you will have to legally enter Singapore, pick up your luggage and check in at SQ. Jetstar uses T1, you'll have to go to either T2 or T3 for SQ.

According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singap...ort_Terminal_4
neither Tigerair nor Jetstar are currently on the list of airlines making the move. Personally I doubt either airline will, my guess is so that passengers on these airlines can more easily connect on SIA and Qantas flights respectively. It is also worth knowing that T4 will not be part of the internal people mover system but will be connected to T1/T2/T3 by a shuttle bus so the transfer to that terminal won't be quite that fast or easy.

I would do Jetstar because the timing would suit your needs better than the other choices you investigated.