FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA may start BoB in Y longhaul!
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:33 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
I don't know if Norwegian charges for soft drinks, but I would be _extremely_ surprised if it does.

Given the risks of DVT, particularly in Y, one could forsee a disaster whereby dehydrated folks are "encouraged to keep hydrated", but at GBP2 per bottle of water, foregoing it, and then getting a DVT. Might actually be hard to defend if they chose to sue, particularly in US.

I can definitely see paying for the meal, and although I find it distasteful (pun intended), I agree that it's more likely to happen, and tbh, wouldn't be a total disaster if BA stops pretending it's a premium airline.

I agree with SH however that it sets a dangerous brand precedent. Few future J and F flyers start out that way. I'm sure that loyalty is built over time and when one is young, flying in Y can still have an element of glamour -- I remember the excitement that came with seatback IFE 25 years ago. But if Y just becomes a necessary evil, when one has the cash to move further forward, one may be tempted to try out the competitor's product.

tb