FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is MTR
Thread: Is MTR
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:42 am
Rami Tamimi

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by :D!
You can buy a paper return ticket at the airport for $55 valid for 90 days (but I don't see how the driver is able to verify this if you drop it into the box with the date stamp facing down)

https://www.nwstbus.com.hk/fareConce...ail.aspx?id=52

It's $65 to HK Island and I think cash only

I also use this bus to my house on HK Island even though it is one of the most uncomfortable bus journeys in the world, since having 0 changes is so much more convenient. Unfortunately the new train line doesn't reach me otherwise I would consider that
Thanks for the link, I never investigated their full pricing structure. I guess it's not worth it for the 11$ saving, considering you have to queue up for the ticket office, risk the chance of losing it the paper ticket e.t.c.

I do sometimes take MTR/AE to the airport,namely when I fly RJ (it's 21:25 departure) and want to access the lounge a bit earlier than when the check in starts at T-3 after I finish whatever I have to do on the day (especially if it's a weekend).

Why uncomfortable? I obviously did not take the buses to HK Island,so can't judge,because they might be different ,but the TST/Hung Hom bound buses are decent in my opinion.