FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Instead of Cash for EC261 Compensation
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:26 pm
Pcsl

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I see that both KLM and AF have the option of receiving an 800 Euro non-refundable "transportation credit voucher" in lieu of the 600 Euro cash payment.

Anyone know where I can find the terms of this voucher? I have an EC 261 situation, and would consider a credit voucher, depending upon its terms (e.g., can I use it to book online, if the fare is less than 800 EUR can I use the residual value on another flight, does the credit have an expiration date, can it be used for a different passenger than the one receiving the compensation?)

While it seems logical that if one is giving up a legal right to 600 Euro for something else, that the terms of this "something else" should be disclosed as part of the transaction - but I know in the airline world this is not how things always work.
We are on the same boat. Goldorak gave the same useful answer and I decided to request the voucher as one year validity period and being able to use the remaining credits for new flights same pretty good conditions taking into account those extra 200€.