FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:34 pm
DeweyCheathem
Suspended

As sdsearch said, why not stay in both. When I go to Maui, I NEVER spend more than 5 nights in any one venue, and usually 3 or 4 at most, often at as many as 3 hotels. I invariably stay some time in the area between Kaanapali and Kapalua, and some time in either Wailea or South Kihei, and a couple of nights somewhere like Paia or Hana, and the Courtyard could serve that purpose as well. One not well-known fact to first time Maui visitors is that traffic can be a bear on Maui both through Kihei and Lahaina, as well as the area just west of the airport in Kahului. The Courtyard would bypass all of that for the days when someone would explore Hana, Haleakala, or the area around Paia. As I said, I would never recommend someone spend their entire stay on Maui at that Courtyard, but for 2-3 days, it certainly can serve a functional purpose, especially if it were combined with 3-4 other days in one of the resort areas (or 6-8 other days in two of them). If I were spending 10 days on Maui, with no other constraints, I´d personally do 4 days in Wailea, 4 days in Kaanapali or Kapalua, and 2 days either in Hana or somewhere between that Courtyard and the town of Paia.

And BTW, it´s a heck of a lot more than an extra 20-30 minutes in the car for those trips going from the Fairmont Kea Lani toward either Hana or upcountry. It would be well over an additional hour in the car for each round trip.